The group mission is articulated on various items:
– Study of the deposition of synthetic diamond films by means of MWPECVD technique and nanodiamond particle layers by pulsed spray technique.
– Development of prototypes of advanced devices by exploiting the different and excellent diamond properties or in form of MWPECVD films or of nanodiamond particle layers.
– Study of mechanical properties (hardness and Young’s modulus) of poly-/nano-crystalline diamond films by nanoindentation.
– Study of immobilization and detoxification of mycotoxins on diamond nanoparticles.
– Study of electromagnetic wave-plasma interaction in a MWPECVD reactor.