What is a cookie and what is it for?
A cookie is a small file that a website sends to the browser and saves on your computer when you visit a website such as Nanotec.cnr.it. Cookies are used to make the site work or improve its performance, but also to provide information to the website owners.
What type of cookies does Nanotec.cnr.it use and for what purpose?
Our website uses different kinds of cookies and similar tools, each of which has a specific function, as specified in the table below.
Cookies are small data files that are generated in the User’s computer and allow the User to store the information generated by their activity on the network. This Website can use the following cookies:
Session cookies are memorised and are only valid temporarily, so they do not save any information on your computer permanently. Such cookies allow user login information to be stored.
|PHPSESSID||Temporary cookie||Cookie used for the single browsing session|
|qtrans_front_language||Permanent cookie||Cookie use for the language selected for the browsing experience|
|catAccCookies||Temporary cookie||Cookie used to memorize the cookie preferences|
|wordpress_logged_in||Temporary cookie||Cookie used to memorize the user log in session|
Statistic cookies reveal the following information:
– The date and time of the User’s last visit to our Website.
– Access to the content the User chose on their last visit to our Website.
To gather statistics about the use of our Website, we use statistical tools with a scope limited to the functions described in the above paragraph and in order to find out the level of recurrence of our visitors and the content that is most popular. We can thus focus our efforts on improving the most visited areas and help the user to find what they are looking for more easily. The Website can use the information on your visit to make assessments and statistical calculations on anonymous data as well as ensure continuity of the service or make Website improvements. This information shall not be used for any other purpose.
|_ga||Analytic cookie||Google analytics service|
|_gat||Analytics cookie||Google analytics service|
Notwithstanding the foregoing, Users can set up their browser to accept or reject all cookies by default or receive an on-screen notification when receiving each cookie and decide there and then whether to allow it access to their hard drive. To that end, we suggest referring to the help section of your browser to find out how to change your current set up. You can also use tools that block tracking cookies
- For Microsoft Internet Explorer, go to “Tools”, select “Internet Options” and then “Privacy”.
- In the case of Firefox, for Mac users, go to “Preferences”, select “Privacy” and then “Show Cookies”.
- For Windows users, go to “Tools”, select “Options”, then “Privacy” and finally “Use custom settings” for history.
- If you use Safari, go to “Preferences”, then select “Privacy”.
- In the case of Google Chrome, go to “Tools”, select “Options” (Preferences in the case of Mac users), then “Advanced” and finally “Content Settings” under the “Privacy section” and tick on “Cookies” in the “Content Settings” dialog box.
For further information we suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers
Informativa breve cookie